Wednesday, June 15, 2011

British Airways has my heart and my frequent flyer miles....

Can I just say that British Airways is snatching wigs and taking names from all the other airlines left and right! (translation: they are fierce and just leaving the other airlines in their dust). I would pretty much liken them to the most epic wig-snatching of all time. See below. 
I say this because I haven't had such a good flight in a long time. I usually fly United, but its really not the same. United has a tendancy to annoy me, whether its their lackluster service or their facilities. Like the time when I got sick on the plane, and the flight attendant just gave me a "sorry 'bout it" half-second glance and moved on. Or the time when my entertainment for the lovely 9 hour flight was broken, and the other flight attendant give me the same "sorry 'bout it" look (no offer to move to me to the empty seats), before coming back to offer me a bevy of alcoholic beverages...because that would fix my broken apparatus (note the sarcasm. Listen lady, i'll survive. My life is not that bad).

BA just got it right, for a number of reasons:
1. They came around and offered you a newspaper when you get in your seat. I mean, I guess other airlines have them up front for you to go and grab yourself, but this just makes you feel so pampered and special...granted, it was the Daily Mail, so the journalistic integrity at times is questionable. A woman wrote a scathing essay about the shameless "publicity stunt" romantic getaways that cheating footballers have with their ever-forgiving wives. Though I've never read a sentence like " no one is fooled by the palpable chicanery of their steamy beach imbroglio" in a newspaper to that verges on being a tabloid before(not gonna lie, I had to look some of that up), the fiery and seemingly intelligent rhetoric is nicely balanced by the full size images of the footballers and their bikini clad WAGs indulging in said publicity stunt, YOU KNOW, JUST SO WE SEE THE PICTURES THAT ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE PAYING ANY ATTENTION TO IN THE FIRST PLACE. I love the Daily Mail.  

God save the King indeed.
2. They had some bomb-diggity movies on the flight. I didn't sleep (and still haven't slept...its about twenty four hours straight now, but i'm trying not to fall asleep until it's dark out to avoid the jet-lag) because I kept watching. The King's Speech was brilliant. I fell further in love with Colin Firth, and loved on the rest of the supporting cast (Helena Bonham Carter and Geoffrey Rush are the epitome of cool). And yeah I teared up like 4 times. I'm not usually embarrased by it (I have a lot of feelings), but since all of hipster nation was somehow on my flight, and the king and queen were seated behind me, I made sure that the tears didn't leak out of my eyeballs, in order to preserve my cool (it would have been so legit if I could have gotten like a single tear to roll down though...). Watched Black Swan next. Good movie though it was really weird. But not a good movie to watch in the dark surrounded by hipster nation. Especially when you're a jumpy girl who accidentally hits herself in the jaw when something pops out unexpectedly and then thinks that she's bleeding but cant tell truth from reality (mainly because its pitch black on the plane)...JUST LIKE IN THE MOVIE. and the freaking out commences.


3. They call coach "World Traveller". I mean, how awesome is that?? The cheap seats no longer feel like cheap seats. Am I of lesser worth because I paid less for my seat than someone in Club World (business class)? No sir, I'm a world traveller. I am great. I can do anything good. I like my haircut. I like my whole house. So what if those kids are still yelling at the top of their lungs? So what if the man next to me thinks its okay to let one go everytime he stands up, which is quite a lot? So what if I'm seating near the toilets, that are perpetually occupied? I AM A WORLD TRAVELLER, OKAY!?! Dont you forget it ;)

first stop. London!

Cheers,

Beanie

No comments:

Post a Comment